Yes, Vegetable Hakka Noodles…..!!!!! most popular street food in India. As I told you guys that I am planning for some Hakka Noodles to pair with Broccoli Manchurian. And time permitted me so here it is….!!!!!!! The perfect vegetable Hakka Noodles with a side of healthy yummy Broccoli Manchurian – for recipe link of Manchurian – click here.
Vegetable Hakka Noodles very common Indo-Chinese dish that can be found in almost every fast food joint across India. Vegetable Hakka Noodles are generally eaten on their own or can be even served for the main course with other popular Indo-Chinese dishes like Manchurian, Chilli Paneer, Manchow Soup.
I have prepared these Vegetable Hakka Noodles by tossing boiled noodles with garlic, vegetable juliennes, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and seasonings to give it a scrumptious taste. The vegetables give it an enjoyable crunchy texture and the Soy and Chilli sauces give it an aromatic flavor. The unique and smoky flavor of Hakka Noodles comes by sautéing the veggies on high flame. Vegetable Hakka Noodles are quite healthy also, as they have loads of veggies and very little oil is used for their preparation. You can make them even healthier by using whole wheat noodles.
Furthermore, I would like to highlight few tips and tricks to get the perfect noodles every time-
- firstly, always prepare the Vegetable Hakka Noodles on high flame. But, do not overcook the vegetables, just do keep its crunchiness.
- secondly, try to use single handled fry pan or wok for this. By using the single handled pan you can easily toss the noodles and veggies on a high flame.
- lastly, it is an open-ended recipe. you can adjust the spice level according to your requirement and the choice of vegetables is also optional. I have added onions, Capsicum, Cabbage, Carrots and Mushrooms to this dish. Add as less or as many veggies you wish, this dish is quite flexible.
- Also, you can chop up the vegetables and boil the noodles and coat it well with oil, cover and store them in the fridge up to 3-4 days before tossing them together.
Here, I am sharing this quick recipe of Vegetable Hakka noodles which is loved by folks of all ages, be it kitty parties or get-togethers, Indo-Chinese food is an all-time favorite cuisine for all. It’s super easy and quick to make and is very addictive.
VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES RECIPE | QUICK VEGETABLE HAKKA NOODLES RECIPE
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 4 | Cuisine: Indo-Chinese
Ingredients for Vegetable Hakka Noodles Recipe:
- 1 Pack (400 gm) of Hakka Noodles
- ½ Cup Onion, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Capsicum, cut into juliennes
- ½ Cup Cabbage, shredded
- ½ Cup Carrots, cut into juliennes
- ¼ cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup French green beans, finely chopped
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- Chilli Sauce, adjust to taste (optional)
- Salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Oil for cooking
Instructions for Vegetable Hakka Noodles Recipe:
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions. Drain the water from cooked noodles, and rinse them with cold water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high flame. Add garlic and green chillies, sauté for a minute.
- Then add onions and capsicum, sauté them well for a while.
- Now add all the other vegetables, and stir-fry for about two minutes, do not overcook the vegetables. Vegetables should have some crunch.
- Once the veggies are done, add salt, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar and chilli sauce I wok and give it a good mix.
- Now add cooked noodles, toss lightly to coat the noodles with sauce. Do not over this step, or the noodles will break.
- Hakka noodles are ready. Serve them as it is or with your favorite Indo-Chinese dish.