Chilli Cheese Toast a simple and quick snack that you can prepare in no time. It can be served as evening snacks or as starters and can also be adapted for morning breakfast. Chilli Cheese Toast as the name suggests is a toast made with cheese and chili flavor. Typically it is prepared by toasting the bread with cheese and veggies toppings. The cheese and chilli flavored toast will be liked by everyone in the family especially the kids they will eat this cheese toast with great pleasure.
I have added garlic and capsicum in cheese chilli toast which suites the Indian taste buds; you can use jalapeño instead of capsicum. In this recipe, I have used two types of cheese: mozzarella cheese and processed but you can add cheddar cheese as well.
In addition, this cheese chilli toast can also be prepared in the oven but for the sake of simplicity, I have prepared this on tawa.
Also, you can do any variations in this snack recipe. like you can make this toast as a sandwich by placing two bread slices on top of each other. In addition, the choice of veggies is totally open-ended and you can add any vegetable of your choice like corn, tomatoes, onion or mushrooms.
Let us check the quick and easy recipe of Chilli Cheese toast.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 slices of toast
Serves: 2 | Cuisine: Street Food
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Processed cheese, grated
- 4 slices bread, brown / white
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ tsp pepper, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli flakes (optional)
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take mozzarella cheese, add capsicum, garlic, and green chilli… Additionally, add pepper and salt, mix well making sure to combine all together. Keep aside.
- Now, spread the butter on bread slice and toast the butter side till it turns golden and crisp in a nonstick pan
- Remove the bread slice and spread the butter on the other side of bread slice and top with cheese mixture.
- Place the topped bread in a heated pan, cover with a lid and toast on low-medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is completely melted.
- Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven on 250 degree Celsius for about 5-8 minutes. Once the cheese melts, it is ready to serve.
- Serve chilli cheese toast hot with chilli flakes and oregano on top.